Knowledge Management Centre
General Guidelines [Rules and Regulations]
- Without Valid Membership card/ID entry will be restricted in the KMC.
- Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
- Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers but should be kept on the tables. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost forever.
- While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-case, personal books, camera, and parcels outside the KMC against security token. Without token any material kept outside the KMC, security/KMC staff is not responsible for any damage /loss of such material.
- If token is lost, fee for the token is Rs. 50/- to be paid to the circulation desk.
- Readers entering to library should allow the library/security staff to examine the Membership card/ID.
- Readers should not leave their important materials (like mobile phone, chargers, cameras, laptops, hard disk, own academic work etc.) unattended in the KMC, for any loss of this item KMC staff is not responsible.
- Smoking, use of mobile phone, water bottle and food items are strictly prohibited.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
- Library's photocopying services is fee based.
- The computer terminals are to be used only for searching of KMC resources. Internet browsing, personal e-mail, chat, etc. are strictly prohibited on these terminals.
- Books marked with REF, RARE, RES, Student Diploma Projects, Craft Documentation, and other archival materials are to be referred within the KMC premises only.
- KMC members will get Advance Alert Notice – (before three days of due date) and every month a list of the Account statement of pending fine by email.
- While referring Archival documents, Use of mobile phones is restricted.
- Photocopying from archival material is strictly restricted. From other material photocopy is discouraged as it damages the spine of the book. However, for academic and research purposes, Photocopy/Photography is permitted on duly signed copyright form. Copyright form is available at the circulation desk.
- The objects from the Design Classics Collection are to be referred only within the display area. Any damage while handling the objects would be taken seriously by the Institute and appropriate action would be initiated.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.