Digital Game DesignM.Des.
The Digital Game Design (DGD) programme will train, nurture and combine students’ creative imagination with latest technologies to create games and experiences. The graduates of this programme will be highly required in Digital entertainment and computer gaming Industry. The programme will combine inputs from computing, Arts, Aesthetics Design, and Social and Cognitive Sciences in order to make the programme highly interdisciplinary. The programme is of two and half year duration. The programme will focus heavily on student’s communication skills, team work, critical and creative thinking and problem solving skills.
The programme educates the students in the areas of digital media, digital arts, HCI, History and Theory of Games/Gaming, 2D and 3D graphics, simulation and modeling, user interface design, storytelling and narrative architecture, current best practices/developments in game design, on-line games, casual games, mobile games, educational games, serious and strategy games, and massively multi-player games etc. The programme highlights team-based assignments and projects and
portfolio building exercises. Students will participate in the entire process of game design – process/methods of design, development, play testing and iterative processes of design.
- Students will get input from professional game designers, artists, producers, directors, and studio professionals.
- Students will develop technical and aesthetic skills required for game design.
- The programme will cover courses like game production, visual design, game analysis and game studies, culture and arts, films etc.
- The programme will educate/teach students about how to design interactive experiences. Students will study game design mechanics, meaningful play, game content, game play, technical aspects of game design softwares, game engines, and how to design visually rich gaming environment.
- The programme will provide inputs in the areas of Interactive digital storytelling, Visual effects and motion graphics, 2D and 3D character animation, Digital renderings, Writing for interactive games, Aesthetics in game design, Creating music and sound, Game play and prototyping, Interaction, Immersion, & Interface design.
During the first semester the students have to successfully complete the Design Foundation programme which provides basic and fundamental knowledge, training and skills on design. In addition students have to study few general/common mandatory courses like Science and Liberal Arts (SLA), Social sciences, research methodology, basic ergonomics, Design management etc. The course inputs are planned in strategic manner that the graduates can join as professionals in Game industries and related domains like Entertainment, Visualisation etc.
PROGRAMME CO-ORDINATORShakti Banerjee
NUMBER OF SEATS
R & D Campus