Design Innovation for Glass application
The ContextThe best way to predict future is to create it- Abraham Lincoln
While Glass has been around, in the world, for more than 2000 years, it is only now that we have begun to discover the multiple facets, properties and applications possible with this unique material.
NID in collaboration with Transparence, India’s Largest Design competition by Saint-Gobain’s Glass business in India invites students to participate in the competition exploring ideas for future of glass application that create wellbeing in living spaces. Saint-Gobain has 350 years of expertise in the manufacturing of Glass for multiple applications through innovations & technology.
In keeping with the belief that talent is infinite, Saint-Gobain, through Transparence, its flagship competition for students of Design & Architecture, has encouraged bright minds to design, develop and build edifices of the future. Transparence has built a repertoire of distinguished alumni over the past 12 editions who are shaping the future and well-being of our World.
Through Madhyam and the design theme of ‘Looking through the Future’, this year, each of you have a unique opportunity to reimagine our spaces and contribute to creating well-being for everyone.
Use of glass enhances wellbeing of a living space. It further adds immense functional value as well as raises the perception of a particular space.
Imagine and Design,
1. FUTURE Residential space (any one from among, Bathroom or Kitchen or Bed Room)
2. FUTURE Retail space,
The concepts should critically highlight the role and properties of Saint-Gobain’s Glass Range* used in chosen space.
*Saint- Gobain offers a variety of glass products in India including Clear glass, Tinted glass, Coloured lacquered glass, Master soft decorative glass, reflective glass, Solar control glass, Mirrors, Tinted mirrors, Dynamic products like SageGlass/Priva-lite and so much more. Please go through the Saint Gobain Glass India website to know more about these products.
OUTCOMEFirst Price: Rs. 1,00,000/-
National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad
• Make sure that your files as per the specifications provided in the section “Submission Guidelines.
Ensure that the registration number is included in all the pages at the specified place.
Save your file as a single pdf file. (No separate pages allowed — in case of multiple pages, it should be one single file.
Your registeration number should be the name of this pdf file.
The submission of entries must be in pdf format.
The file size of the pdf file should be less than 10 Mb.
• The Jury will shortlist five best entries who will be informed by email latest by 22ndFebruary, 2019.
• One representative from each group will be invited to NID, Ahmedabad Campus to present their concept in detail. They will be given 15-20 minutes each to elaborate on their concept.
• A representative (in case it is team application) from each shortlisted entry will be offered a to and fro travel allowance by NID. Travel allowance will be a 3AC Rail fare or equivalent. In case the candidate cannot travel for some reason the group can send in the detailed presentation latest by 7th March, 2019 5.00 PM. In case the entire team wants to make a presentation, they will have to arrange for their travel, boarding and lodging at their own expense. The organisors will bear the cost of travel for only one member.
• NID will not arrange for the boarding and lodging and the same will have to be arranged and expenses borne by the participant itself.
• The date of presentation in person and announcement of winners will take place on 8thMarch, 2019.