Design Innovation for Glass application
The ContextThe best way to predict future is to create it- Abraham Lincoln
While Glass has been around, in the world, for more than 2000 years, it is only now that we have begun to discover the multiple facets, properties and applications possible with this unique material.
NID in collaboration with Transparence, India’s Largest Design competition by Saint-Gobain’s Glass business in India invites students to participate in the competition exploring ideas for future of glass application that create wellbeing in living spaces. Saint-Gobain has 350 years of expertise in the manufacturing of Glass for multiple applications through innovations & technology.
In keeping with the belief that talent is infinite, Saint-Gobain, through Transparence, its flagship competition for students of Design & Architecture, has encouraged bright minds to design, develop and build edifices of the future. Transparence has built a repertoire of distinguished alumni over the past 12 editions who are shaping the future and well-being of our World.
Through Madhyam and the design theme of ‘Looking through the Future’, this year, each of you have a unique opportunity to reimagine our spaces and contribute to creating well-being for everyone.
Use of glass enhances wellbeing of a living space. It further adds immense functional value as well as raises the perception of a particular space.
Imagine and Design,
1. FUTURE Residential space (any one from among, Bathroom or Kitchen or Bed Room)
2. FUTURE Retail space,
The concepts should critically highlight the role and properties of Saint-Gobain’s Glass Range* used in chosen space.
*Saint- Gobain offers a variety of glass products in India including Clear glass, Tinted glass, Coloured lacquered glass, Master soft decorative glass, reflective glass, Solar control glass, Mirrors, Tinted mirrors, Dynamic products like SageGlass/Priva-lite and so much more. Please go through the Saint Gobain Glass India website to know more about these products.
OUTCOMEFirst Price: Rs. 1,00,000/-
National Institute of Design, Paldi, Ahmedabad
• The submission should not exceed 10 sheets (A3 sheets)
• All the sheets for a single entry must be compiled into a single PDF not exceeding 10 Mb.
• Sheets must be used in landscape orientation.
• The word limit for the concept note is 200-250.
• Sheets must include the unique registration number at the top right corner.
• The sheets must not contain any personal details of the participant or else the participant will be disqualified.
• The sheets must contain design brief – its solution and key design features. Key features of the concept should include explanatory drawings with views and detailing where applicable.
• All entries must be sent in the digital format. Hard copies of entries will not be accepted or considered.
• Do not include any institutional graphics or logos.
• No changes can be made after the submission of the concept.